Friday, January 21, 2011

Messing about in boats...

I've never been much for patience and waiting, but I did wait nearly 3 weeks after purchasing Sea Change before heading south to Naples, Florida.  The 20 plus hour ride was torture, but Jimmie and I traded driving responsibilities, listened to radio margartiaville, surfed the net on the iphone, and generally kept moving southward until arriving in Naples two days ago.

Naples is a great town with exclusive shopping and lots of people from New York.   It seems that everyone who is anyone in New York has arrived in Naples to enjoy the warmer weather.   I'm not bothered as I understand the accent.  However,  Jimmie had some difficulty understanding Vinny at the plumbing warehouse yesterday.   Vinny was from Brooklyn.

We have a monumental list of boat projects to complete before Robin and Sue arrive this weekend.   I've been cleaning and unpacking the boat in sections.  Most of the galley is complete and ready for a meal to be cooked aboard. But with all the great food just blocks away from Sea Change that might not happen for a while.

As I write this, the tide is out and Sea Change is rather unhappily listing to port as we are aground in the slip.   We will continue to work diligently and get a few more projects out of the way before another rum front passes over the boat.

No comments: